My dear honors students,
I have decided to retire at the end of this contract year. I leave with over 34 years of teaching at Missouri Southern, and if you count the years I was here as an undergrad, I have spent my lifetime here. My leaving is bittersweet for me. I LOVE my job. Working with all of you is the sustaining joy of my days. All people should hope for a career this fulfilling.
Please understand that I am a raving sentimentalist, so you must help me deal stoically with this move.
After all, we have an entire semester to finish with a "bang, not a whimper!"
My very best to you,
PK
[Please leave your comments for Dr. Kluthe on this post -- JM]
9 comments:
That's just not right. Don't leave us. You've always been such a great teacher and also friend.
Maurice
Professor Kluthe,
I know I am not alone when I say that you have personally motivated me both academically and intellectually. My education would have been significantly less enjoyable, and I certainly would not have grown as much as an individual. You have skillfully used your uncanny ability to instill greatness in others beyond levels they knew existed. All individuals who come in contact with you are forever improved by your wise teachings and kind words.
I sincerely and whole-heartedly appreciate and shall cherish the time I have known and worked under your guidance. You have been a blessing to the community, the University, the College Within, and to me personally.
Thank you.
You are so fabulous. Congratulations.
Whitney Bowyer
Dr. Kluthe,
First, I will probably never be able to express how much your help and kindness has meant to me since I came here. Thank you so much for everything that you have done! And as others before me have said, we will truly miss you. I want to wish you all the best that retirement has to offer!
Jennifer
I'm very sorry to see you go.. I feel like having me in class played a part in it ;-) but that could just be because i'm egocentrical... I hope you enjoy your retirement and best of luck in all your future endeavors.
HAil to thee, dear Pat Kluthe!
We will miss you absolutie.
Your smile, equanimity, and grace
Have always brightened up the place.
We've prize your leavening effeck
On Ackiss first, then Martinek
Making the Honor Program special
(Not least for me, I confessial).
Ah, to be free of Leon and McCallum!
(Do they know you're going? Be sure to tallum.)
So goodbye to the days of whine and neuroses;
You'll enjoy parole more than you supposes.
Here's wishing you luck and clement weather,
And thanks for making Southern bether.
All the best,
Art S.
I'm still a little bit shocked by this, and I really don't know what to say. But I feel like I need to say something. I realize that, as a senior, I am not going to have as difficult an adjustment of many others, but I will still be very sad to see you go. And though I'm not really one for sentimentality, I will say that I have greatly appreciated everything that you have done for me personally and those things that I've heard you've done for others in the honors program. Your presence in the honors office was always very comforting for me, and it seemed as if I had a support system of sorts. Again, I will be very sad to see you go and I can say that it won't be the same without you.
Dr. Kluthe,
As you know, my freshman year was very difficult for me, and you and the Honors office helped me more than you know. I appreciate the countless hours you have spent helping others, and putting all of us first to only put yourself second. I am so sad to see you go, but happy for you. Thank you so so much for everything that you have done for me and the rest of us. You are an amazing person, role model, and teacher. THANK YOU! We all love you!
Nacy
Dr. Kluthe,
I am sure that your leaving will be a loss for University but a boon to your family and friends.
I was never in the honors college, and even i have fond memories of our (limited) interactions.
I wish you godspeed and all the best.
Post a Comment